Sunday, May 09, 2021

TWO LINES - A Poem for Mother's Day

The day before it, I was preparing for my Mother's Day post and if you know me, I'm no fan of short, random and "the usual" greetings especially for loved ones and friends. I always want it to be meaningful and lengthy and emotional..and I want it to be known to the world (kidding), at least the people in my timeline, how special and dear that someone/persons to me. That  they are worth the praise, accolades and every beautiful words I've written about their being.

And while Mother's Day is for us momshies to be praised and celebrated, it is also the day I appreciate becoming one and being grateful to the Lord, to my husband and to my two beloved children. Because becoming a Mom, I was able to do the most significant role in the world and be at the most beautiful place I could ever be - in my children's loving arms and hearts.

So this is a poem, as I call it, I don't know the technicalities & exact elements to be honest because this is a random creation written at two in the morning, but as long as there are rhymes, metaphor and simile, I think it's good to go haha.


TWO LINES

 


In the beginning, it was scary and worrisome
Until it's becoming exciting and a bit awesome
We're on two when we broke the news of us
To family and friends, it's a buzz and fuss

But it was not made to be an easy phase
Every morning it's like "To toilet bowl and beyond..." race
I have to pull up an "I'm okay" show
While crying inside and constantly on nausea

Truly, the difficult part was just temporary
It turns into an exciting countdown even before January
I can't wait to know, will you be a boy or a girl?
It's confirmed I'm having a boy, my heart went on a twirl

Oh what a joy ever since, confirmed by that two lines
I'm overwhelmed and a lot over dramatic, no lies
It's a brand new journey that turns my life around
And I can't wait to see and hold for this new found joy abounds

Then the minions came, happened twice, six years apart
The first stare and light touches, oh my heart's like a full cart
Tears fell down freely, with uncontrollable sobs
I can't believe they are for me to keep and to love

Thank You God for choosing me, to bear a wonderful seed
Out of Your love and grace for me, it's the best gift indeed
There can't be any perfect date full of magic and wonder
Than the day I gave birth and became a Mother


I love you Robin and Aidan, this poem and more to come, is made because of you two. Thank you for making me a better version of myself every day. I will always be thankful for the day you became MINE and the day you first called me MOM will always be the happiest.





Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, let's celebrate and have a blast!
😍

No comments:

Post a Comment