Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trying out the new Vietnam blends of Highlands Coffee

The recent reinvention of Netopia Internet Cafe brought along new changes by partnering with Highlands Coffee, the leading coffee chain in Vietnam. Aside from having a built-in coffee shop in every Netopia branch, Highlands Coffee is also now available for diners of Cafe Republiq in Resorts World Manila in Pasay.


“Highlands Coffee is the leading coffee chain in Vietnam and we are very excited to share this premium and uniquely Vietnamese coffee experience to the Philippine market which we guarantee, offers a suitable flavor to the Filipino taste - sweet and refreshing, a blend of strong but smooth coffee,” shares Michael Lacy, President of Digital Paradise Inc. (DPI), the Philippine distributor of Highlands Coffee.


The partnership was introduced to invited bloggers last Wednesday, April 5, during a pre-party held at the CafĂ© Republiq for the biggest event at Republiq Club this summer, the Afrojack Concert Party, featuring Grammy award winning DJ/producer, Afrojack.  Highlands Coffee offers modern espresso selections, fruit teas, iced-blend coffees, and specialty non-coffee freezes and chocolate-based drinks.  My co-bloggers and I had the chance to checkout the different variants of Highlands Coffee.







 
My first pick for the night is the Cookie Freeze which has a retail value of P150.00.  Almost the same size of what my usual brand of iced coffee but it has a lesser sweet taste plus it's cheaper so I guess I like it more :). I also took a sip on my sister's first pick, the Caramel Freeze and since I had a pre-taste of the same sweet blends, I can’t say anything more about the latter. 




 
My second cup after having a little dinner is recommended by the Brandspeak Asia peeps, the Cafe Sua Da. Cafe Sua Da is one of the traditional coffees with a twist - an iced coffee with condensed milk! When I took a sip, I had a strong and bitter taste in my buds immediately followed with the sweet mix of the condensed milk. I like it and it's something new for me plus it’s quite affordable for only P120 for a cup.

I reserved my final cup  for their black coffee. Nothing much special about this one except that it will be served to you with the filter attached on the cup, see the grounds from photo below, it's not even half-full so I think it's not worthy for its price.

   


I can only take 3 cups of different Highlands Coffee variants that night but I'm sure everything else is really good.

It was indeed an awesome night to have unlimited coffee for free! While enjoying every cup of Highlands Coffee, DJ Silverfilter played and brought some house music live for the guests.



 


Cafe Republiq is a cool place to hang out and relax, more so after partying at the Republiq Club. And as always, best to cool down with a cup of freshly brewed coffee - try the Highlands Coffee.





No comments:

Post a Comment