Thursday, January 10, 2013

Threading = Beauty & Pain

For the first time I decided to try threading to fix my growing browse and I was ecstatic about the result of this 15-minute-un-planned-pampering at Elite Nails spa.  In fairness, it really adds confidence to have a well-defined "arches", just saying :).



Threading is one of the services offered in Elite Nails spa and I was surprised that their price of brow threading is inexpensive, I should have tried it a long time ago. I know that in some spas, it will cost me double of what I paid in Elite nails, I’m just happy that I dared to try it and for sure will come back when I need to have it again. Checking on their site, I learned that “Threading is by far the gentlest option for hair removal on the face’s delicate skin particularly the browse, which is most-availed by women and is 100% natural and with the use of a thread, it is much less painful because it only targets the individual hairs thus, skin irritation is kept to a minimum”.




Anyway, threading didn't spare me the pain just like when I first tried to have my legs' hair waxed a few years ago but the process of threading is way less painful than waxing for the first time.  I like my therapist, Ava, who was very honest when I asked if it's going to be painful, she nodded to confirm although she reassures me that the pain is bearable.  True enough, the thread pulling my browse made my eyes sweat but it just made me realize that the fifteen minutes of pain is worth it.  Looking at the photos of a newly-threaded browse and the untouched yet, I immediately asked my therapist to get the next one done. Ava applied a gel-like ointment (I forgot the exact ‘name’) when she’s done and she told me that that was for the redness that might occur. It is best also not to wash your face within the next two hours just to let the redness and some swelling subsides. I love how efficient Ava is, she made it quick but gave me a pleasant result. I love how my browse is clean-looking now and love this new discovery to trim them in a more inexpensive way.



Again, thanks to Elite Nails spa for being my pampering partner for years now, I'm soon to post my Ultimate Mint Foot Spa experience which I also had on the same day I had my browse threaded :).



If you want to try Elite Nails' services, you can contact them thru 09336537276, 09215918801, 09178086950 or at (02) 480-6832, or go to their Facebook page and/or follow them on Twitter for more details.

10 comments:

  1. That's indeed a painful process but I'm sure it's worth it since it would remove excess hair in the eyebrows area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank process looks painful. But I think, at the beauty and fashion world, if there is no pain, no gain, Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the picture, I did not see much of a difference really between the before versus the after. However, I do find threading the eyebrows a little more exquisite than just shaving them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know that threading would be a little painful when done. I mean, the usual plucking hurts already. But if given the chance, I'd probably have a go at this sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never experienced threading for I got free regular eyebrow shaving from my fashionista cousin :) But will still have to try this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. reading this post makes me wants to try threading as well i am scared as! though i do waxing monthly for 4 years now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though I know little about this procedure, I can say it is a better one than plucking one's eye brows. Just wondering how long before bumalik uli sa dti ang brows mo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tried threading but it looks so clean after its finished. Try that next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i tried this threading but it cause a little pain in my eyebrow. advantage of this procedure is matagal b4 tumubo ulet un eyebrow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My two sisters does threading everytime they feel needed to and it's thru Elite too! ;)

    ReplyDelete