Monday, January 21, 2019

I. Am. Married. Finally!

We are married. And I'm a Miguel...finally! Yeheeyyy!!


After 12 years of living together, DH and I finally realized we're far better together as married couple...and that I should change my last name too to his.

You read it right, I finally came to my senses that I should marry the man who gave me two children, enough reason for me to marry him right? Lol. After all, I have no other options, he's the only one I've been with for eighteen long years eh. Now the book about us being 'single ' has come to it's final chapter because today is the first page of a new story to unfold for a newly wed couple, naks!

Truth be told, we never thought we will be reaching the church.  We thought, we both have contentment for what we have in our relationship. That it was enough. That it was sufficient and complete.  But we were WRONG. Because, GOD wants to make everything RIGHT in our lives and in our family through the sanctity of marriage.

 

So there, I am now, officially Mrs. Miguel, since 8 hours ago to be exact. My kids and I have the same last name na hahaha. What took me so long to realize that his surname will fit mine perfectly??! Gosh, it took me 12 years!


While I no longer expect to have the same thrills and frills of an expectant bride, I actually was!  And I am over the moon after the wedding. It was a beautiful dream that turned into a reality on the 21st day of the first month of the year. I was growing weary of waiting for it to be fulfilled until I no longer see it happening.  But the Lord honors my heart's desire to have a Christian wedding. This is the Lord's promise and His desire for me, for my husband, for our children and for our families. I just couldn't ask for more.


This milestone is worth-sharing and allow me to share this wonderful event of my life in the upcoming posts because #JunAndWengKasalNa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment