Tuesday, August 09, 2011

A Mom's "Me" Time :)

Weekend --> I'm so craving for you.

Saturday night and I'm done with everything that needs to be done by a Mom like me. Just right in time, I confirmed my appointment at Elite Nails Spa through a dear friend Joie, who owns the spa. I told her I'll be at her nook by 7 pm.
                                                                                         
Since Robin wants to go with me, I wasn’t able to leave at the time I planned. I have to wait for Jun to bring Robin somewhere so he couldn't go with me at the Spa, I left home 15 minutes before 8 pm. When I reached Elite Nails Spa, again I wasn’t able to have my pampering session immediately started. Joie and I had some sweet talks first over krispy kreme doughnuts, I told her she should have served me coffee too hahah.



Joie is a dear friend since high school, one of my wacky girlfriends too :). We've been thru a lot of heartaches, were there for each other during our juvenile rebellion days and never back-off whenever someone is having occasional tantrums, we're there for each other to understand. We have embraced the fact that despite our personal differences, we've managed to stay strong and I'm proud my friendship with her and all the other casts are celebrating its 16th year of wonderful friendship this 2011 and counting.








Anyways since I know that they close before 10 pm, I immediately called Camille, one of the nail techs to give me foot spa. I took the menu and chose Lavender Mint Spa among the list. I'm happy when I saw lavender colors for my foot indulgence composed of a recipe for soak, scrub, oils and cream arranged in a wood tray for my very tired feet.







I'm happy with Camille, I know she's one efficient nail tech at Elite Nails Spa that's why I'm happy she's serving me again. I like the way she exfoliates my feet after a warm soak then applied a relaxing massage with the lavender cream. When she proceeds to have my foot filed, she asked the other nail tech to have my manicure done because it's 9pm already. To kill time, Camille handed me one of their magazines to read, I got a view of newly purchased set of magazines too at the couch beside me, wow they really got updated copies of Yes Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Candy and FHM among others.

 

 

 

My manicure is just a basic but I'm happy with the work after. The nail tech  (I'm not sure if its "Chin" her name) asked me first if I want my cuticles removed and would check on me from time to time if I'm hurting as she continues prettifying my nails. I love how she filed my finger nails - perfectly squared :).


 


Here I chose one from Orly's Cosmix Collection for my polish :). I was about to get the Orly bottle in hot 
 pink but just decided to have one that has glitters heheh.



 




My mani is done, Camille still working on my callus lol, I bet she'll be working overtime. It's been a while since the last time I cared for my feet this much. I always consider my schedule (plus budget) to have this service a regular thing.  I've been indulging to jars of petroleum jelly at home so I always have a reason to miss a spa visit but since the past days have been raining and my poor feet always get soaked aside from occasional running whenever I missed to bring an umbrella, I badly need to be in this place to reward this part of my body. I'm also bothered because I'm kind of gaining weight again and I know it won't be nice for my feet so here I'm treating the ever supportive and ever patient part of my lower extremities.

Camille did the cleaning of my toe nails perfectly; she didn't even rush herself that's why we're finished at 10pm already. I did feel some ouchy pain in my deep ingrones when she removed some dry skins but I'm surprised because the day after and the next, my toes are not even swelled (unlike the manicurist who visits me at home) my toes would always suffer one way or another.  Thanks Camille for taking care of my feet. :)

Thank you too Elite Nails Spa, Joie & Victor Pacheco, I'll see you again this week for a waxing session :).

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I am way too shy to let other people touch my feet, so I never had any pedicures at the salon/spa yet - I just do it for myself. I don't know why I am shy... my sis said having footspa and pedicure is one of life's simple joys, so hopefully I can get over this insecurity I have. :)

    Orly nail polish always look good; too bad it's way too expensive. :)

    Thanks for following my site, I followed you, too, and I do hope we could meet soon.

    Jenn
    iamjanujennifer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, visiting from Pinoy Bloggers! Btw, I'm your newest follower. Hope you can follow me back thru GFC. Thanks and more power to your blog!

    Kiss Kiss
    Bec of http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete