Thursday, March 08, 2012

Philippine International Pyromusical - China vs. Netherlands

One of my favorite events of the year, the Philippine International Pyromusical Competition is back for its 4th year of amazing fireworks show in the SM, Mall of Asia, Pasay City. I was privileged to get an invite last weekend for its March 3 show where China and The Netherlands showcased their best performances. The much anticipated Pyromusical began last February and once again, huge crowds would draw to SM Mall of Asia to enjoy the show every Saturday until its last day of competition on March 17.

The skies over Manila bay were amazingly lighted up in a musical pyrotechnic spectacular. At first I wanted to just glue my self in my seat where I can just appreciate the show but I decided to capture everything until my video and camera's memory space were all used up.


First up was last year's defending champion, China and the maker behind their amazing fireworks display is Liuyang Jinsheng Fireworks Co. Ltd. I was able to watch their performance last year and they really showed the Philippines their great works that's why I'm really excited that I got a slot for the day when China is scheduled. The dark sky began to turn yellow, red, green, blue, purple & orange simultaneously as a synchronized music is playing in the background. But this time, China was on for a new surprise. The music stopped and a story-telling was heard and after a few minutes, team China is on for another blasts. Although it was something new among the other countries competing, I kind of feel a bit bored because there were quite (unnecessary for me) long pauses before the next fireworks will hit up in the sky. Plus, I wasn't able to get a good view because I was positioned at the back of a TV crew's camera and I cannot stand from my seat because at my back are other people watching.











Because of the pauses from China's presentation, I appreciate more the Netherlands's show :).

It was Netherlands first participation in the event and I can say it was such a hit for everyone who watched that night. I also got a better view when I transferred to the other side of the hall.  Although I wasn't able to watch the previous shows, Netherlands seems to be one of the top favorites from blogs I've read. I love how every minute of their turn would turn the skies into sparkling beauty. Music is synchronized plus Adelle’s music was played in one part of the show, cool! Looks like the Netherlands prepared big for their first! I love it! It was amazing, it was fun and it was boom! It’s really great to end the week with flying fireworks, it took away all the bad vibes, pain and stress I accumulated this week hahaha.


 




Close Up Philippines, one of the presenters of the Philippine International Pyromusical Competition, had a special fireworks exhibition during a break and everyone was singing along as the classic song “Closer You and I” played in the background. 

Department of Tourism head, Mr. Biazon was one of the judges for the night and he thanked everyone who came to watch the show and hopeful to encourage more tourist and visitors in the coming years.


The 3rd Philippine International Pyromusical Competition happens every Saturday at 7pm until March 17, 2012 at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay. For ticket information, you may visit www.pyrophilippines.com.


Thanks to blogger-organizer Azrael for inviting me, till the next! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment